What To Do Before Undergoing Anesthesia
- You must fast for 6 hours prior to surgery: No FOOD or WATER.
- Necessary medications can be taken with a sip of water the morning of surgery. If you are unsure which of your medications to take please schedule a consultation with Dr. Loveless prior to surgery.
- No smoking for 12 (twelve) hours prior to surgery. Ideally stop smoking completely if possible prior to surgery.
- You must be accompanied by a responsible adult. They must stay in the office during the procedure and drive you home afterward.
- Patients under age 18 must be accompanied by their guardian who is able to legally sign a surgical consent form.
- Wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves or sleeves that can be rolled above the elbow and shoes without heels.
- Jewelry, dentures, and contact lenses must be removed prior to anesthesia.
- Dark nail polish can interact with the vital monitors and should be removed prior to anesthesia.